Thursday, February 2, 2012

to my girl...

When I first found out I was having a girl...I was nervous. On February 14th 2011...the moment I heard your cry...the first glimpse I got of you...all of those fears disappeared. You are truly my peace of mind in this crazy world! My heart melts every time you walk up to me and lay your head on me or every time you reach your hands out and look up at me with those big beautiful eyes. Of course it's only natural for me to miss you being an infant...but I am loving today. You love to be chased and scared. You also love to take everything you eat and put it in your hair. You like to laugh with brother even though you have no clue what he's laughing at...it's so cute. You like to be by yourself and play, but you also love for Mommy to hold you with your passy and blanky. You are very independent and very determined, but very sensitive. 

I knew God was in control...I knew he would work it out. Your birth was perfect...it came at the perfect time. The day you were born everyone that loves you the most came to see you. We were so excited to take you home because we knew it would be one the most special days in our lives...in your life. There are really no words to describe the moment...the moment you were in your Mamaw Debbie's arms. She was so excited to see you...all she kept saying was she's beautiful and what a blessing. Daddy is so in love with you and says every time he looks at you he sees her. I know she is looking down from heaven today...still saying, "she's beautiful...what a blessing."

I am so thankful that you came into my life. I know I'm not always going to be the perfect Momma and you're not always going to be the perfect daughter, but we can grow and learn together. I know we're going to be best friends. I will always be here for you. One of my prayers in that you realize you'll always be beautiful in my eyes.


I know what I'm thinking...I can't believe you're mine.

Brother is already trying to help Momma calm you down.

You are truly a miracle from the good Lord above.

Daddy is dying inside...he is finally holding his princess in his arms.

Momma was really sick, but the happiest Momma in the whole world.

Brother was so excited to meet you. He took good care of you and still does.



Every morning I open my eyes...I can't wait to see your beautiful face.

I have never liked the color pink, but oh does my baby girl look pretty in it!



Your not really one of those frilly little girls. Momma likes you in your blue jeans.

No accessories for this girl. As soon as you realize there's a hair bow in your hair...bye bye it goes.

(Somebody take this stinkin thing!)



My little Greenlee Ann...I never could have dreamed or imagined how you would make me feel inside. I will always be grateful to God that he has allowed me to be your Momma. I promise you...I will never forget what you are to me...the blessing you are in our lives. We love you baby girl!!! Happy 1st Birthday!!!

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe she is almost a year! She's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I know for sure is God knew what HE was doin when he Blessed our lives with this little Angel on Valentines day 2011. Thank you Jesus for letting us see your heart through Greenlee Ann... She is our little Valentine!! We Love you little Angel baby!!!

    ReplyDelete