Friday, January 20, 2012

these are a few...

...of my favorite things.

I've always said my favorite color is red...but I'd have to say white runs a very close second. I've always loved winter. I love when it snows...staring out the window or driving down the street and everything is covered...it's so peaceful. This is definitely something I strive for in my home. One of my favorite blogs is called Dreamy Whites...french farmhouse inspired living. Almost everything in her house is white with a touch of old...rustic and distressed. Love it!


My favorite thing to do...
Cooking...something I love doing more and more every day. I love cooking for my family and trying new recipes. My favorite thing to cook would probably have to be chocolate chip cookies...puts a smile on all three of my babes faces.



Thank goodness!!! Easter is on it's way. This is my fav fav fav candy in the whole world. I have limited myself to two bags per season. If I didn't...my husband would probably not get to feel his favorite part of me...my hip bones :)


I love old antique anything. Old is so interesting to me. I would have every piece of furniture in my house distressed if I could.


This is probably my fav piece of furniture in my house. Funny story. I know Jake loves me, but I know he really loves me when he has all the underground miners looking for spools for me. He got teased so bad for this, but he came through and found the perfect one. Thank you hun...I love my spool table...but I love you more!


I love love love music!!! I really enjoy all sorts of music but I'd have to say country has my heart. Carrie Underwood...Jason Aldean...Luke Bryan...Justin Moore...Brantley Gilbert...and the list goes on. Right now my favorite song would have to be My Kind of Crazy by Brantley Gilbert. Isn't it funny how there are some people you can love and some...not so much. Some people are just easier than others. Some people may think that about me. They may think I'm crazy, but I am. My life is crazy...it's my kind of crazy!
E's favorite song right now is Shake It For Me by Luke Bryan. We have it recorded on the tv and we have to watch it at least a few times a week and dance our little hearts out.


Although these are all my favorite "things"...I know they're just "things." We all get caught up in so much that is not important...the car we drive...the house we live in and what we have in it. One day all these things will be left behind. 
"The most important things in life aren't things." ~ Anthony J. D'Angelo

More importantly...
I'm so thankful for these two beautiful souls. I can't believe God chose me as their mother.



I'm thankful for my best friend. Even though we do NOT get enough alone time...I don't care where I'm at or what I'm doing...as long as he's with me. I cherish every moment!



1 comments:

  1. Love your new post....my lil' Aimee Dee!! I'm so proud of you and who you have become all grown up. I am so Thankful you are following God's direction and that you do realize and are using the gifts and talents that HE gave you and that you do realize what is really important! God has been good to our entire family ..... but I will say what makes my heart sing is to read and see with my own eyes how my baby girl turned out....WOW....what pride I take but.....I DO give HIM all the credit and the Praise!! Love you precious girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete