Thursday, January 5, 2012

almost one...almost three

It's funny how when you're pregnant and you feel the first movement inside your belly...you're thinking...I will never forget this...I will never forget how this feels. You do forget though. It's such an unreal feeling that you can't explain. I've heard people say that once their baby was born that they missed being pregnant and getting to feel the baby move around. Not me!!! Not at all saying it's easier once they get here, but I would rather have them here to hold in my arms and kiss right in the mouth. If someone were to ask me if I want anymore...don't really know what I would say. On one hand...God has blessed me with two precious healthy babies...and one of each sex...who could ask for anything more? One of my friends always said, "the kids should NEVER out number the parents." Now that I have two...I kind of agree with her. On the other hand...if we were to decide to have another and felt like that's what God wanted for our lives...I definitely don't think it would be a bad thing. 

I always ask this question in my mind...I'm sure everyone does. Would God be happy with me? I knew without a shadow of a doubt when I met Jacob that I wanted to marry him. I knew without a shadow of a doubt that once we married...I wanted nothing more then to be a mother. I spend every second of every day "trying" my hardest to make God proud of the wife that I am and the mother that I am...is that good enough? I mean I'm never going to be perfect at it I know, but is it good enough that it's what I long for? God's approval. Is there something else I should be doing? Not sure right at this moment. All I can do is pray and spend quiet time with God listening to him...I know he will tell me if there is. I mean if there's not...I'm ok with that (wink). 

I feel like as wives and mothers we are responsible for so much. It says in the bible a man will leave his father and mother and become united with his wife and they will become one flesh(Genesis 2:24). I am responsible to pray every day for Jacob. To pray that God will place a hedge of protection over him to keep him safe from harm...to surround him with His angels to guide him and direct him and that God will help Jacob be the man he's called him to be no matter what he's doing or who he's around. I am also responsible as a mother to pray for my children's protection from harm...sickness and disease...that they will turn out to be everything God has called them to be. Not to mention myself and everything else that comes along with having a family. Not only does the mother have to pray for these things but they have to make sure their children learn about Jesus...about the way he lived his life...what he did for us and how he treated people. WOW!!!...and the list goes on. 

I'm not very good with words, but it is really hard for me to find the words to describe my children. To me there are no words good enough. This little man is awesome! His little spirit amazes me more and more everyday. He has such a tender heart...gets his feelings hurt easy and doesn't like to be the center of attention. He has such amazing discernment at such a young age. He listens so well. I always tell him that I love him so much it hurts! It actually does make my heart hurt to think about him turning three...my goodness...where does time go?!?!

these are some pics that I took right after Thanksgiving...he's my Hurley boy






these pictures I just took the other day...couldn't pass up the opportunity to get some pics in his new hat
of course Lightening was by his side every step of the way...









 I call her my little booger. We say she's a fireball but I really don't think she is...we just feel she is compared to Easy. She is definitely a lover. She walks over to me a million times a day...lays her head on me and says, "Awwwww!." I hate it when she cries! Don't know why...maybe it's the pitiful look she gets on her face...so sad but so cute at the same time. It seems like she was just born, but yet again seems so far away. She LOVES food!!! She will eat ANYTHING...at ANYTIME! If she sees someone near by with food or drink in hand...you better believe she is after it. I could spend every second of every day cuddled up to this little booger...holding her and kissing her.

this is pretty much the best smile I could get...well wait a minute...she was smiling at E...never mind

the blank face will work...still beautiful!

lol ok...this one is even more blank


her hair cracks me up...what in the world is it going to do?!?! at least it's growing...

couldn't resist sharing a pic of those chunky legs everyone loves...

see...told you it was pitiful!!! 

Now I have to get ready for #3 birthday for my #1 baby and #1 birthday for my #2 baby...fun fun! All Jake keeps saying is...I can't wait to see Greenlee dig into her cake. That will be something everyone will want to make sure they see!

1 comments:

  1. AWESOME new blog Aim!! Love it and for sure all the great pictures! You do a great job with your photography and I'm sure it's only gonna get better with your new lens...new camera....whatever it is you decide on....lol!! But what I love...it the simple and oh so true words you choose to express yourself...in your love for your family. I as your Momma are very proud of you as a person, friend, daughter,Momma and wifey...I can ONLY imagine how PROUD Jesus is of YOU!! love you bunches!! Keep up on the gifts and talents GOD has given you!!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete