Tuesday, July 24, 2012

staying on course...

Lamentations 3:40 tells us, "Let us search out and examine our ways, and turn back to the Lord." One day Solomon was walking by a vineyard, when he noticed that it was overgrown with thorns and it's wall was broken down. "I looked on it," he wrote, "and received instruction" (Proverbs 24:32). He learned the necessity of constant attention, ambition and discipline to keep the garden clean and fruitful. Today there are so many aspects that require our attention and discipline. Our spiritual walk with the Lord...teaching our children His ways through OUR actions...saving money or eating healthy and exercising our bodies. If because of business or laziness we're not careful, we'll see some things in our lives crumble. The walls of our moral standard will develop holes. The bible is God's chart for us to go by and His Spirit is our compass and the scriptures are clearly marked by life's hazards that should be avoided. 

I will admit that there are a lot of things in my life that have crumbled because of business or laziness...some walls of my moral standard have developed holes. This is Satan's plan...he wants us to get and stay off course, therefore neglecting God's sweet and perfect will for our lives. I have said before...I want to have the mindset that I do everything perfect for Him. Like making my bed or cleaning my house or even cooking my family a healthy meal. Well Satan, you have my attention. I plead the blood of Jesus over my family and their hearts and minds. We are making some changes as a family. I pray that God will give us all the strength...ambition and discipline to STAY ON COURSE!

(Here are some pictures of the kids running around and playing on the golf course at Aunt Melody and Uncle Joe's).


I couldn't get a picture of just G without the bug spray.





Yep...I'm letting her play on the steps. Why not? She's happy!






1 comments:

  1. Great Post Momma!! Looking forward to the changes that you guys are making....really kinda excited for you and your family...All of you. We All make bad choices at times...but as long as you keep your heart where it has been since you were a little girl..."after God"....He will guide you each step of the way....i will pray for God's protection and direction...YOU are LOVED!

    ReplyDelete