Thursday, March 13, 2014

i was drowning…now i see

Pastor preached Sunday morning about "going through the fire." 
God allows us to go through fire. 
Fire that burns our flesh right off of us. 
He does that to make us transparent. 
It allows God to see the "real us." 
It allows God to be able to see what else he can place inside of us…for our next assignment. 

I was drowning! 
I have said before…I went from feeling like my every day meant nothing…to knowing that every second of my every day means everything! 
The fire started.
I'm engulfed in the flames. 
My flesh is torn and I'm sad that he sees me.  
But now I AM AWAKE! 
Not because the sky is awake, but because God woke me up. 
I'ts sad that God has to put us in the fire or make us broken to wake us up, but I thank God for the fire! 
It's been hard and we have a long road ahead, but I will NOT give up.
 I am thankful for this assignment and that he is equipping me for it. 
I am SERIOUS! 
Serious about my God. 
Serious about the devil and the spiritual warfare he places against us. 
I am ready to fight!

Do not comply when someone tells you to consult mediums and spiritists who whisper and mutter. Should not My people inquire instead of Me, for I am Your God? Why consult the dead on behalf of the living? Consult My instructions and heed this warning; if anyone does not speak according to My Word, they have no light of dawn. I have given you the power over unclean, familiar spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease. Behold I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your name is written in heaven.
-- Isaiah 8:19-20; Matthew 10:1; Luke 10:19-20 

"You can either throw in the towel or use it to wipe the sweat off your face…and keep on fighting"
- Joy Hill

God's love is relentless! 
Why shouldn't our faith in Him be relentless? 
Why shouldn't our hope and strength in Him be relentless? 
What is it going to hurt to believe that the same power that was in Jesus to raise people from the dead is in us today? 
What is it going to hurt to believe with every thing you have in you? 
THAT IS WHAT HIS WORD COMMANDS US TO TO!!!
He is the same yesterday, today and forever!

I WAS drowning. NOW I'm in the fire, but I can see better then ever before.

God shoots his arrows - pandemonium! He hurls his lightnings - a rout! The secret sources of ocean are exposed, the hidden depths of earth lie uncovered. The moment you roar in protest, let loose your hurricane anger. But me he caught - reached all the way from sky to sea; he pulled me out that enemy chaos, the void in which I was drowning. They hit me when I was down, but God stuck by me. He stood me up on a wide-open field; I stood there saved - surprised to be loved! God made my life complete when I placed all the pieces before him. When I got my act together, he gave me a fresh start. Now I'm alert to God's ways; I don't take God for granted. Every day I review the way he works; I try not to miss a trick. I feel put back together, and I'm watching my step. God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes. 
-- Psalm 18:14-24 (MSG)





















1 comments:

  1. Cutest thing I have ever seen in my life….God is soooo Amazing! His love never gives up and it goes on and on and on….love my Amazing Perdue Fam! Thank you Jesus for your Blessings!

    ReplyDelete